I have just collected these Tough ASP.NET interview questions , I will answer the ones I know soon, but you try to answer any question you know the answer for, they are really tough !
1. From constructor to destructor (taking into consideration Dispose() and the concept of non-deterministic finalization), what the are events fired as part of the ASP.NET System.Web.UI.Page lifecycle. Why are they important? What interesting things can you do at each?
2. What are ASHX files? What are HttpHandlers? Where can they be configured?
3. What is needed to configure a new extension for use in ASP.NET? For example, what if I wanted my system to serve ASPX files with a *.jsp extension?
4. What events fire when binding data to a data grid? What are they good for?
6. How does ViewState work and why is it either useful or evil?
7. What is the OO relationship between an ASPX page and its CS/VB code behind file in ASP.NET 1.1? in 2.0?
8. What happens from the point an HTTP request is received on a TCP/IP port up until the Page fires the On_Load event?
9. How does IIS communicate at runtime with ASP.NET? Where is ASP.NET at runtime in IIS5? IIS6?
10. What is an assembly binding redirect? Where are the places an administrator or developer can affect how assembly binding policy is applied?
11. Compare and contrast LoadLibrary(), CoCreateInstance(), CreateObject() and Assembly.Load().
12. Describe the difference between a Thread and a Process?
13. What is a Windows Service and how does its lifecycle differ from a “standard” EXE?
14. What is the maximum amount of memory any single process on Windows can address? Is this different than the maximum virtual memory for the system? How would this affect a system design?
15. What is the difference between an EXE and a DLL?
16. What is strong-typing versus weak-typing? Which is preferred? Why?
17. What’s wrong with a line like this? DateTime.Parse(myString
18. What are PDBs? Where must they be located for debugging to work?
19. What is cyclomatic complexity and why is it important?
20. Write a standard lock() plus double check to create a critical section around a variable access.
21. What is FullTrust? Do GAC’ed assemblies have FullTrust?
22. What benefit does your code receive if you decorate it with attributes demanding specific Security permissions?
23. What does this do? gacutil /l find /i “about”
24. What does this do? sn -t foo.dll
25. What ports must be open for DCOM over a firewall? What is the purpose of Port 135?
26. Contrast OOP and SOA. What are tenets of each
27. How does the XmlSerializer work? What ACL permissions does a process using it require?
28. Why is catch(Exception) almost always a bad idea?
29. What is the difference between Debug.Write and Trace.Write? When should each be used?
30. What is the difference between a Debug and Release build? Is there a significant speed difference? Why or why not?
31. Does JITting occur per-assembly or per-method? How does this affect the working set?
32. Contrast the use of an abstract base class against an interface?
33. What is the difference between a.Equals(b) and a == b?
34. In the context of a comparison, what is object identity versus object equivalence?
35. How would one do a deep copy in .NET?
36. Explain current thinking around IClonable.
37. What is boxing?
38. Is string a value type or a reference type?